This 3-day intensive workshop train you how to implement and configure new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016 in real world. This workshop is designed for IT professional who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This workshop presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential.
Upgrading Your Skills to Microsoft Windows Server 2016
After completing this course, students will be able to:
✔ Install and configure Windows Server 2016.
✔ Implement Hyper-V.
✔ Implement directory services.
✔ Implement AD FS.
✔ Manage and optimize storage in Windows Server 2016.
✔ Implement secure data access for users and devices.
✔ Implement network services.
✔ Implement remote access.
✔ Implement failover clustering.
✔ Implement failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V.
✔ Recover data in Windows Servers 2016.
|15-17th January 2019||Training Centre: Wisma Goshen, Plaza Pantai, KL|
|5th Jan 2019|
|10-12th April 2019||1st April 2019|
|19-21st June 2019||9th June 2019|
|2-4th Sept 2019||22nd Aug 2019|
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2016
This module explains how to install and perform postinstallation configuration of Windows Server 2016 servers.
* Installing Nano Server
* Completing post-Installation tasks on Nano Server
Module 2: Implementing Hyper-V
This module explains how to install and configure Hyper-V virtual machines.
* Installing the Hyper-V server role
* Configuring virtual networking
* Creating and configuring a virtual machine
Module 3: Implementing directory services
This module explains how to implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2016.
* Implementing service accounts
* Installing Azure AD Connect
* Verifying synchronization
Module 4: Managing and Optimizing Storage in Windows Server 2016
This module explains how to configure storage in Windows Server 2016.
* Implementing FSRM
* Configuring iSCSI Storage
* Configuring redundant storage spaces
* Implementing the Storage Spaces Direct feature
Module 5: Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices.
This module explains how to configure Dynamic Access Control to manage and audit access to shared files.
* Preparing Dynamic Access Control
* Implementing Dynamic Access Control
* Validating and remediating Dynamic Access Control
* Configuring Work Folders
Module 6: Implementing network services This module explains how to configure advanced
features for DHCP and configure IPAM.
* Configuring DNS policies
* Configuring DHCP failover
* Configuring IPAM
Module 7: Implementing remote access
This module explains how to configure connectivity for remote users by using Direct Access.
* Configuring Direct Access using the Getting Started
* Testing Direct Access
Module 8: Implementing failover clustering
This module explains how to provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing
* Configuring iSCSI storage
* Configuring a failover cluster
* Deploying and configuring a highly-available file
* Validating the deployment of the highly-available file
* Configure Cluster-Aware Updating on the failover
Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
This module explains how to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
* Configuring Hyper-V Replica
* Configuring a failover cluster for Hyper-V
* Configuring a highly available virtual machine
Module 10: Data recovery in Windows Server 2016
* Backing up servers running Windows Server 2016
* Implementing Azure Backup
* Restoring files